This page is designed to help you ensure your submission is ready for and fits the scope of the journal.
Before submitting you should read over the guidelines here, then register an account (or login if you have an existing account). If you have previously published in the Iowa State University Animal Industry Report, you may have an account reserved in the system. If this is the case, please click on the Login link in the upper right corner of the site and use the "Forgotten your password?" link to create a new password.
About Iowa State University Animal Industry Report
The Iowa State University Animal Industry Report is an annual report of the research activities that relate to the animal agriculture industries. It brings together research reports from faculty associated with various departments on campus, relating to the Beef, Dairy, Equine, Poultry, Sheep, Swine and companion animal industries in the state of Iowa. This research is conducted to support the viability of each of these industries in Iowa. The research reported here is supported by the Iowa Agriculture and Home Economics Experiment Station.
- Summary and Implications
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Discussion
- Tables/Figures (numbered individually)
- Acknowledgements (if necessary)
- Submit as Microsoft Word document, .docx preferred.
- Font—Times New Roman, including tables and figures.
- Margins—top: 1.18"; left, right and bottom: 0.75".
- Text columns—width: 3.38"; between columns: 0.25”.
- Do not number pages.
- No references.
Formatting of individual elements
- Title/Headline—18 pt., bold, stack and center.
- DOI #—12 pt., bold, center. Enter DOI xxx-xxxx in this line. Actual DOI # will be added by publisher.
- Authors & titles—10 pt., stack and center.
- A-level subhead—10 pt., bold and center.
- Summary and Implications—10 pt., indent .25".
- Text—10 pt., .25" indent.
- B-level subhead—10 pt., italic.
- C-level subhead—10 pt., italic, .25" indent, two spaces before leading into copy.
- Table number & captions—10 pt., bold, flush left, sentence _style (Capital letter, period).
- Table/Figure text—10 pt. All tables in 1 or 2 full columns; adjust spacing between tabs to center with box.
- Figure number & captions—10 pt., bold, flush left, sentence style (Capital letter, period).
Copy and paste the contents of the Summary and Implications into this section. The Summary and Implications section must still be included in your submitted file.
Copyright NoticeWork published in the Iowa State University Animal Industry Report is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical (CC BY-NC 4.0) license, which permits reuse of the work for non-commercial purposes, so long as appropriate credit is given.
Works authored by an employee of the United States government acting in their official duties is not protected by copyright in the United States. When submitting work by a U.S. government employee (e.g., USDA), the "Public Domain" option should be selected under License.
Iowa State University Animal Industry Report allows the following licences for submission:
- CC BY-NC 4.0 - More Information
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes. No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- Public Domain - More Information
Works created by U.S. government employees as part of their official duties are not subject to copyright protection in the United States.