Editorial Board Expanding - Join Now!
Posted by Katie Anthony on 2020-01-30
The Journal of Critical Thought and Praxis is looking to expand the board! We are currently looking to add the following board members:
- Associate Editor, Member-at-Large
- Associate Editor, Production
- Associate Editor, Copyediting
Brief position expectations are as follows with other duties as needed. Please note that this is a graduate student run journal at Iowa State University, so applicants should be graduate students at Iowa State University for consideration:
Associate Editor, Member-at-Large
- Creates and maintains a contacts database of relevant graduate students, activists, faculty, practitioners, professionals, institutions and associations for submissions and reviewers
- Works with Editorial Board to encourage submission of manuscripts from various higher education institutions, non-profit organizations, activist individuals and groups, practitioners, graduate students, junior and senior faculty, and professional associations.
- See manuscripts through the review process, working with authors and reviewers through the submission and review process
Associate Editor, Production
- Maintains the JCTP website throughout the production process
- Assigns manuscripts evenly to the appropriate editors throughout the publication process
- Updates the website regularly to maintain relevant content and CFPs
Associate Editor, Copyediting
- Edits all types of submissions (manuscripts, poetry, book reviews, interview transcriptions, letter from the editor, etc) to ensure that all submissions maintain the most APA manual style
- Works directly with submitting authors for final approvals after editing
- Contributes to the crafted Call for Papers with the other editorial board members
If interested, please contact us via the Contact page and let us know which position you are interested in.
Back to News List